Now, What's soo special about Tava Pulao Right?? Hang on . . This is made with Pav Bhaji Masala. . Yes, can you believe it?? And, the taste I tell you, is just out of this world.
Here's my attempt to recreate the magic at home.
1 cup long grained Basmati Rice
1 onion - finely chopped
1 tomato - finely chopped
1/4 Capsicum - finely chopped
1/2 carrot - finely chopped
A handful of green peas - coarsely crushed
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 /2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
2 tsp Pav Bhaji Masala - Any Brand
A handful of finely chopped Coriander - For garnish
Oil - 2 tbsp.
Salt as per taste
This is how you go about it :-
1. Cook rice in a cooker. Add 2 cups water for a cup of rice.( also add 2 tsp of lemon juice and 2 tsp of oil; so that the rice grain will separate from each other). Keep aside to cool.
2. Heat oil in a griddle or a heavy bottomed pan, add cumin seeds, Once they pop & splutter, add Finely chopped onions, fry till they become translucent.
3. Then add ginger garlic paste & saute for a minute. Add chopped tomatoes. fry for a minute or two till the masala starts leaving oil. ( but do not make it brown).
4. Add chopped carrots, crushed peas & cook with very little water.
5. Now add the cooked rice.
5. Add Pav Bhaji Masala and red chili powder ( if you want to make it spicy). Add salt and little sugar (1/2 tsp.) as per the requirement and stir the rice nicely. Finely add chopped capsicum.
6. Mix it Properly.
7. Garnish it with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.
P.S. you may use differnt vegetables as per the availablity; but Tawa Pulao tastes best with the above mentioned.